Sunday, October 19, 2008

Project 365 Day 14


Today was a very laid back day. I slept until 8:00 a.m, then didn't get out of my pajamas until after 2:00 p.m. I put some black eyed peas and ham in the crockpot, and made some home made bread using a recipe from The Gluten Free Girl. It was ok, but I didn't have any club soda, so maybe that was why. Also, I have found that I have to use almost twice as much liquid as a recipe calls for when I am baking something up here. I don't know if it is the high altitude or the dry climate, or both, but I had to use more than a cup of water where the recipe only called for 1/2 cup. Oh well.

When FabGrandpa came home from work, I looked out the door and there was a herd of deer out there in the back yard. By the time I got my camera turned on, all but one had scampered off.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

At our house, we would have titled your day, "PERFECT". Anytime we can spend most of the day in PJ's, we consider a success! Cathy

Anonymous said...

good stuff. we get deer in the neighborhood every once in a while, but I have never gotten one on camera. they don't stick around long.

Talina said...

Oh, I miss the deer. Haven't see one since we moved. We have tons of squirrels though and pretty red Cardinals.

Great capture! You can see her eye twinkling.