Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I've Been Sewing My Brains Out


Since I've been buying so much fabric lately, I figured I better get busy sewing some of it up.  After a trip to the Hobby Lobby in Tuscaloosa, the quilt shop that I found, some online fabric shopping, and then the trip to Joann last weekend I finally have enough fabric to complete several projects. (Did you think I was going to say I had enough fabric? A girl can NEVER have enough fabric.) 
 
A dress for my granddaughter


 
and a blue dotty skirt, too.
 
and another ruffled skirt with horses. (She loves horses.)

 

A zippered bag for my daughter, Becca

 

and a tote bag to match.

 

Pink and green tote for Emily

 

with a matching zippered bag.

 

Becky gets yellow and black

 

and here is her zippered one, I love this one. 


 
Patchwork in aqua, turquois, and purple for my friend Gaelyn.
 
and one for the little girl who lives down the lane. Ha ha ha, not really, but for Emily's niece.

 

And of course she gets a matching zippered bag, too.
  
Brown, pink, green, stripey dots for my daughter-in-law, Sarah.


 

A Christmas apron for my mother

 

Another tote bag for my sister. I have one more little bag to make, and I will be done with gifts. Then I can sew for fun. Yay!


7 comments:

diane b said...

You have been busy and so clever. The bags are just lovely. You could start a stall and sell bags on the camping sites.

Judy in Maine said...

Gotta give you credit for sewing in your RV!!! We had a camp for a while and I had a corner of a room to sew in which I shared with the washer and dryer but I finally gave up, not enough elbow room! You go girl!

Travels with Emma said...

WOW! You have certainly been busy. Great job!

Joe Todd said...

I can do most of shopping for my wife at Hobby Lobby and JoAnn fabric. People who sew never stop

Dee said...

wow ! when you get crackin and start sewing....you get SEWING don't cha?
I love your bags, there beautiful!

Gaelyn said...

You have been one very busy sew and sew. They all look nice, of course I like mine best, and also like the stars in Emily's bag.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You rock FabGrandma! What lucky friends and family you have!!!