Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I started working in the Trading Post at Unicoi State Park a couple of days ago. It is a small camp store, not very busy compared to the store at Bethpage, but interesting. Between customers I can read all the books that are for sale there or listen to the radio. I was afraid I would have forgotten how to do things since last year, but it all came back to me pretty quickly. I only made one itsy bitsy mistake the first day, and it was fixable.


Last night it was 29 degrees. Today the high was about 40 and there were a few spits of snow, not enough to even SEE really, but still snow, in Georgia, in November. Last year when we were here it snowed four times. There was enough to make the ground white when we woke up in the morning, but it was always gone before lunch time. I hope we don’t get a lot if it this year. We bought some groceries and decided to leave them in the back of the truck because it was colder than the refrigerator.


Several people who came into the store today told me they saw a bear last night. I have not seen it yet, but I have seen signs of it. The bears around here are the small black bears, but they are still bears and I am afraid of them. I have read those stories in Reader’s Digest, so I ain’t crazy enough to think I could pet one. If I see it, I will be heading for the nearest building or get in my truck. And there is no way you could get me to camp in a tent here either. Even with it as cold as it is and bears roaming around, there are a lot of people camping in tents! They must be crazy!

No comments: